Thread: Fake shops
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 08:13   #115
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Fake shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Yes, and despite finding answers for various members of this forum I suddenly found myself turned on by a great number of them as soon as I became part of the ruling group. Flogging a dead horse has never been one of my strong points, particularly when it has been pulling the bandwagon that quite a few people jumped on.

With regard to questioning Council spending, I would maintain your right to do so as well but would hope and pray that you do at least cast your vote each year, regardless of colour. I meet an awful lot of people who have very strong criticisms of the Council but never actually bother to vote.

I'm all for measured arguments too but the danger of the Internet is that there is a lot of bravado behind the safety of a keyboard and many debates descend into slagging off the Council for the sake of it. I have had hundreds of bravura comments online but can count on one hand the number of abusive debates I've had in the real world regarding the Council. Everything usually boils down to the fact that my answers don't match the ones in their head so it's fair game to mark out the politician as a liar.

Most people are nothing like that in person, thankfully.
To be honest I agree with most of what you have said, although I not one who hides behind a screen name firing bullets at a stationary target, think most people know exactly who I am and where I stand. I can also agree that people can change things if they use their vote but when less that 33% bother to turn out on the first Thursday of May every year nothing is likely to change. The only time there is a "C" change at HBC in terms of controlling group is more to do with who the incumbents in 10 Downing Street than anything being undertake by the rulers in the Town Hall
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote