View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 13:00   #19
Eric
God Member

Re: Chris Huhne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret, I am with you there.
This man was conducting an extra-marital affair, whilst purporting to be a clean cut wholesome family man.
He only ditched his wife for his mistress because the papers were going to blow the gaff on him and he delivered the news that he was leaving his wife by telephone(allegedly).
He has lied consistently about something that would have had very few consequences if he had come clean in the first place.....and something that was of little relevance....Ok he would have got a driving ban, but this man is a millionaire - he can afford to employ a driver.
I would have done exactly the same if I had been in her shoes(well, except she has hurt her children, but I think they might get over it - especially when they look at the man who is their father).
She has sunk his career.......and though she has given up her lucrative job....I'm sure she will get another one.
She is well shut of this man. He is only useful as a bad example(or a doorstop).
Hang on, has being an asshole all of a sudden become a crime in the UK I followed this case briefly, only 'cause it made the headlines in the British press; but I was under the impression it was a criminal matter and nothing to do with the personal lives of the accused.

For some reason, a few lines from "Macbeth" popped into my head ... I sometimes think that I stuffed too much useless stuff in there

Son: "And must they all be hanged that swear and lie?"

Lady Macduff: "Every one."

S: "Who must hang them?"

LM: "Why, the honest men."

S: "Then the liars and swearers are fools,
for there are liars and swearers enow to beat
the honest men and hang up them."

Eric is offline   Reply With Quote