View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 17:07   #39
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Chris Huhne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret, I am with you there.
This man was conducting an extra-marital affair, whilst purporting to be a clean cut wholesome family man.
He only ditched his wife for his mistress because the papers were going to blow the gaff on him and he delivered the news that he was leaving his wife by telephone(allegedly).
He has lied consistently about something that would have had very few consequences if he had come clean in the first place.....and something that was of little relevance....Of he would have got a driving ban, but this man is a millionaire - he can afford to employ a driver.
I would have done exactly the same if I had been in her shoes(well, except she has hurt her children, but I think they might get over it - especially when they look at the man who is their father).
She has sunk his career.......and though she has given up her lucrative job....I'm sure she will get another one.
She is well shut of this man. He is only useful as a bad example(or a doorstop).
I'm just a little surprised you've brought the children into this Margaret, what ever happens he is still their father, come hell or high water. When I split from my first wife and I saw the kids I was never tempted to try and blacken their mothers name although I had plenty of reasons to do so. I see my eldest Daughter every week and speak to her every day virtually, even though her mother died 24 years ago the only thing I've ever talked about are the good times we had as a family, Kids shouldn't be used as pawn in any marital game
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote