Thread: Chris Huhne
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2013, 06:49   #55
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Chris Huhne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have to disagree yon also, Fer me it was not fair they got the same sentence, He should have got a longer un, Only reason he didn't is cos he plead guilty from the start of the trial,
They were both as bad as each other....and I reckon from comments that the judge made - he didn't like Vicki Pryce(maybe the judge was the same kind of fellow that C.H. is.......and thinks that women should be shackled to a sink, barefoot and pregnant....and do a man's bidding) he certainly gave her character an assassination in the summing up, called her a liar without resorting to those words.....and his way of redressing the balance was to give CH and her the same sentence.
As I said in post 2, they should be made to spend their sentence in the same cell for the whole 10 weeks or whatever it is they will serve(it certainly won't be 8 months).
Oh yes and Cashy, CH proclaimed his innocence from the moment he was arrested......said he would look forward to his day in court, where he would be exonerated......and only changed his plea on the first morning of his trial.
How much police and CPS time did this waste..........I concur, for the time wasting, he should have got longer and had to spend the time in Wandsworth, not some cushy open prison.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote