View Single Post
Old 23-03-2013, 10:33   #5
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Admission prices for remaining home games - MAKE IT A FIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Why doesn't the club run the £5 deal for the rest of the season? If we can get 2149 on a bitterly cold Tuesday night, surely even bigger attendances can be achieved on a bank holiday, local derby against Morecambe and the last game of the season in a potential must win game for survival?

I know the club may take a financial hit if it backfires and the increased attendance doesn't cover the cost, but:

- The financial cost of relegation is massive - the club should pull out all the stops and do ANYTHING to pull in a big gate

- The atmosphere on Tuesday night was cracking, best it has been all season. The lads certainly responded, especially in the last 20 mins, to the crowd urging them on when protecting our well deserved lead.

- We know other teams don't like coming to Accy anyway, the ground isn't your normal league 2 stadium, the facilities aren't fantastic, the exposure to the crap weather, an extra 1000+ on the gate getting behind the reds can only make it a more unpleasant experience for the opposition.

I know the club reads this forum, and they do respond to the fans (getting rid of the music recently etc.). MAKE IT A FIVER.

On a slightly different note.... is that cardboard box thing seriously the new club mascot?

He's still around folks !..and is of the opinion that the image presented by the current 'Mascot Masquerade' reveals an extremely 'Level-Headed' appreciation by THE BOARD of what was needed to inflame the enthusiasm of everyone at The Store First Stadium !!, as the old Cock which he/she has replaced always appeared to have lost whatever Crow he might have had in the first place !!.
'Boxing clever' is how AE described it as I swallowed this morning's medication !.

Last edited by yonmon; 23-03-2013 at 10:36.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote