View Single Post
Old 23-03-2013, 19:48   #13
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Am I Right In Noticing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I hate Warbies bread......it feels like you are eating cotton wool.
I have been getting a batch loaf from Aldi for a long time now(I don't know if it was subject to the Chorleywood process, but it went mouldy fairly rapidly in summer)......I used to buy the wholemeal batch - they stopped making it, replaced it with a multigrain loaf which is awful...so I went over to the white batch loaf...liked it. It was fine for toast(sliced a bit thicker than medium)...Now, that had been discontinued in favour of a White Seeded Batch.......I wouldn't eat so many seeds if I were a damn budgie.......so now, I am on the search for a decent white loaf from which to make my morning toast - and the odd sandwich.
Any recommendations(other than bake it yourself) would be welcome.
I agree, I hate bread or anything with seeds in it. I've been eating sliced oatmeal bread for a while, there are several makes, can't be any more specific as Richard gets it for me.

Isn't it annoying though when you find something you like and they discontinue it - makes you feel your custom isn't valued when you have to go scrabbling round for a substitute.

I think all mass produced bread is Chorleywood these days - we always keep ours in the fridge.