View Single Post
Old 25-03-2013, 11:44   #38
DtheP47
I am Banned

Re: Cabbages & Kings #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Err no - that was whale vomit.
We all now know it’s not good for you personally as a scientist Susie poetry and the arts. Although you say you like Spike so there’s hope for you yet.

I must confess I love poems, rhymes, doggerel and limericks. Even Stanley Holloways monologues and especially the one written by Marriott Edgar about that place near you “noted for fresh air and fun”
Word weaving in all its forms as my Geordie granny used to call it.

Where were we? Oh yes “codswallop” Ambergris, yes, yes I know all about Captain Coffin’s little present to the House of Commons.

No, no I was musing last night after 3 pints of the Lancaster Brewery’s IPA (at 5.5% more than musing says our Susie)...How would codwallop get washed up on the tidal reaches of the Lune? How in this crazy world of fish fingers and cod loins* would a codling leave it’s wallop on those shores?

Anyway jaysay’s post where he brought Javaughnta’s sibling onboard gave me the answer, it came to me as plain as a pikestaff.
It came in a flash.
I lie, it came to me in an acrostic.

* Cod loins on a menu, what’s all that about?? Don’t get me started on that one.

If this post get’s past Mick the Mod I’ll plait sawdust as my granny used to say.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote