View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 19:13   #36
smudgie
Senior Member+

Re: Burton match thread

Well my first two pence worth in a few games.

Agreed with what others have said re: defence, which looked a shambles throughout. No surprise we have conceded the second most goals in the league on that showing. Personally I think Murphy is usually quite steady, but no doubt he was very poor today, though I cant see really see any alternative at the moment with Hunt being injured and Eckersley seeming out of the picture. Rachubka again seemed unsure and looked all over the place which is surprising considering the level he has played at.

Going forward looked a different matter , Linganzi has been a great find along with Molyneux who was quiet by his standards, but really is on another planet compared to the rest on occasion. Great to see Hatfield getting more game time and scoring again, hate to say I told you so. Podge didnt do much and looked knackered after 45 which wasn't a surprise but fair play to him, he scored a wonderful goal. Welcome back podge.

All in all thought a draw was probably a fair result, and its what I would have settled for before the game.

Saturday in a word = MASSIVE !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote