View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 19:01   #2810
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What is your plan for those in 1 who have never paid into the system? Will you leave them to starve to death on the street?
Gated community/Sheltered accommodation (it's good enough for our pensioners). There is no need for them to have a house, accommodation blocks (good enough for the military/nursing staff & police in training.) this way they've a roof over their head, they may not like it but the basic human need for shelter is met.

Communal messing/canteen with set meal times & a varied menu to cater for various dietary requirements, turn up & eat or go hungry. This also forms a routine so people get back into getting up & out of their pits & getting to bed at a reasonable time.

Through the day work parties are allocated objectives, some will deal with catering, some with maintenance, others education, life skills, mentors/teachers should come from the people within the complex & only limited recourse to outside assets, thereby bringing about self sufficiency & the learning of skills amongst those involved.

No one should be exempted & all should be encouraged to move round the various positions to broaden the individuals knowledge & skill base. Admittedly somewhat regimented & authoritarian but hopefully this will give them the impetus to improve themselves & the determination to get away but with a better set of rounded out qualities/skills.

That should be enough to be getting on with.