Thread: Teachers strike
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 18:35   #44
Eric
God Member

Re: Teachers strike

Just crossed my mind that teachers used to strike all the time ... in fact, I've been struck by many teachers. Ben Johnson used to make a ritual of striking; and each morning he would announce his intention to strike numerous boys in order to get his day off to a swinging good start

I've come to the conclusion, slowly, and over the years, that all one needs to learn is language ... and as the most obvious lingua franca on this planet is English, that would be the language to learn. Once one has a firm grasp of English and an understanding of its almost limitless potential, then one can learn anything else. In fact, one can look at other "subjects" as merely languages that one can access through English. Mathematics is a language ... it just uses short forms. Those daunting words "some assembly required" are not all that scary for someone who can read and comprehend written instructions ... unless, of course, those instructions were badly translated from the original Chinese Language is power.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote