View Single Post
Old 13-04-2013, 01:05   #18
GEaston

Re: Keeping Dead Industries Alive....

I'm aware that to an extent this forum is a branch of the Lenin supporters club, I'm just curious who here is prepared to debate, and who wont.

Less - Pro and anti Maggie factions? So far as I can see it was just me and one other guy who were pro, so that's not much of a faction. You are correct that it's not yet a debate, but only because debate is a new concept here. I get that people use the forum more as a collective place to mourn the loss of mother Russia, anything else not being welcome.

Guiness - it's not a conservative critique, it's a factual one. I'm all ears as to how it's misguided, factually wrong or misleading. Failing that tell me you think it's right that the govt should pay $1.2m a day for the privilege of keeping people down mines. To do any of that though you'd have to read my post.....therein lies the problem.

Cashman - Good luck

Cmonstanley - yes we do import a lot of coal, as we are net importers of energy but overseas coal was cheap and always has been. As is the case with so many industries we could not compete on labour costs, and coal imported and shipped from South America was 15 pounds a ton cheaper bought and landed to a dock than mined.

Eric - coal pollution technology has improved a lot, but it remains the most polluting of all fuels. Coal emits almost a third more carbon dioxide per unit of energy than oil, and 70% more than natural gas BBC News - Coal resurgence calls undermine clean energy commitments The real problem with this is that China is solely powered by Coal and a new (non-clean tech) coal power station comes on line each week. Any efforts the west makes to stay clean (Carbon Tax etc) are well intended but pointless.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote