View Single Post
Old 13-04-2013, 08:33   #76
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe match thread

The match was not flush with outstanding football but our boys did the job asked of them by Leam..which was to get the three points on the night. I fully agree with comments about Amine being the MOM. He was superb in midfield and as I said last week he was sorely missed at York. I thought that Tom Aldred was super too, he just gets better and better and is very consistent. A bit like Rob Atkinson in the first half of the season. Chubbs played well too and it is this increase in consistency down the centre of our line up that has allowed us to get some form back. Moly and Wilson tried to get things going down the left but it didn't quite come off for them tonight. Boco was once again totally tireless in his running exemplified by his role in our second goal. Rommy has played a lot of matches this season and despite looking a bit tired late on at York and last night he still gave his all...STANLEY SPIRIT!!! Podge worked hard as did the whole team indeed! Also it would seem that we have turned the corner as far as "getting a lucky break" is concerned. eg. Peter Murphy didn't know much about his goal but he was up there in the right position causing problems for their defence. Peter had a couple of great runs in the second half cutting in from the right wing which could have easily yielded another goal.
So well done to Leam and the team. Also well done to the fans who turned out in excellent numbers. The Clayton End was rocking just like a couple of years ago and earlier.
Yes, we will all be watching the results today and hoping they go our way. As Leam keeps saying though, let's just focus on our own results and we should go to Bristol next week with enough confidence that we can come home with a positive result.
(I really do hope though that we can keep our most promising players and not have our squad totally dismantled like two years ago after our play off season!)
Jack B will be smiling up there....
ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 13-04-2013 at 08:36.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web