View Single Post
Old 14-04-2013, 00:26   #96
GEaston

Re: Keeping Dead Industries Alive....

Leave the forum for a day and come back to 7 pages of discussion, nice.

Mog – interesting post, and I respect your opinion. I don’t fit so well into your stereotype though. I’m sure it would suit people if I came from Kensington, but I do not. Born in Ashinton, both grandparents were also lifelong miners, lives cut short by coal related lung issues. So much for safety. I would have made the worlds worst miner because I’m 6ft 10.

One good thing about our not mining coal today is that we still have it. One day it may be worth digging up (just as Shale mining became viable due to the high oil price), so one day will coal, and we’ll have it. Imagine that – leaving something other than debts to future generations…..

Cashman – I know you wont enter the debate, true of any debate though, right?

Less – I thought the link was a good representation of my opinion, didn’t need to say more as it was an excellent summary. Re your wife’s credit card – both consumerism and capitalism are terrible economic systems.

Noone want to blast my point about how coal is the most polluting way to produce electricity? It’s true Mog that we had the cleanest coal tech in the world, but that doesn’t make it particularly clean.

Excellent posts Gordon, and you’re correct in pointing out what we need to debate is the future and not the past.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote