Old 14-04-2013, 08:27   #99
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Keeping Dead Industries Alive....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Leave the forum for a day and come back to 7 pages of discussion, nice.

Mog – interesting post, and I respect your opinion. I don’t fit so well into your stereotype though. I’m sure it would suit people if I came from Kensington, but I do not. Born in Ashinton, both grandparents were also lifelong miners, lives cut short by coal related lung issues. So much for safety. I would have made the worlds worst miner because I’m 6ft 10.

One good thing about our not mining coal today is that we still have it. One day it may be worth digging up (just as Shale mining became viable due to the high oil price), so one day will coal, and we’ll have it. Imagine that – leaving something other than debts to future generations…..

Cashman – I know you wont enter the debate, true of any debate though, right?
nah i won't enter any debate wi you,its that simple. I will say though using yer grandparents as a safety excuse, is pathetic n insulting to em in my view, cos when they must of started working down the pits, there was hardly any safety, as in most industries, also i never use 100 words, when 10 will do, i don't waffle, so suffice to say i don't really like yeh,