Thread: Boston Bombing
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2013, 15:14   #95
Eric
God Member

Re: Boston Bombing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
This whole "kill the infidel" religious hangup is interesting because the christian church started that. Lets not forget that it was Pope Urban II in 1090 that started the Crusades with his papal army who's battle cry was "god wills it"

I like to think we've progressed just a little over the thousand years since, but clearly the former infidel (who in a fit of originality now call us the infidel) have not.

What is amazing to me is that people still follow the Christian religion despite its historic crime sheet (which is indeed long)
If you are going to lecture the ignorant masses, at least get your dates right. Also, it is possible ... likely according to some academics ... that "deus vult" is a later embellishment of the type quite commonly tacked on to historical events. There are about half a dozen versions of Urban's speech, all written after the capture of Hierosolyma. I belive that only one of them mentions "deus vult" ... can't remember which one. Check it out on google if you are interested.

By the way, in WWl belt buckles in the Imperial German Army were stamped with "Gott mit uns".

God heard the embattled nations sing and shout
"Gott strafe England" and "God Save the King!"
God this, God that, and God the other thing.
"Good God," said God, "I've got my work cut out!"
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote