Thread: power walking
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2013, 19:30   #13
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: power walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You don't really need to 'power walk' to lose weight....just walk at a pace that leaves you slightly breathless(this pace will vary from person to person) and do it at least five days a week......if you do this, the weight should start to drop(as long as you are following a healthy balanced diet).
In other words, leave home worried that you'll miss the bell for last orders, incentive enough to arrive out of breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Why do you need to walk at a pace that makes you out of breath? I`ve been on two long (for me anyway) walks this weekend, a total of almost 20 miles, a nice steady pace but wasn`t out of breath at all, surely I will still have burned away plenty of calories.
Who cares about calories? so long as you have enough energy to drag your fat arse down to the pub why worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I used to walk to some good music......something with a good beat which kept my pace up.
It was you with that Boom Box that annoyed everyone within three streets then? (Could never understand those things, a package case on your shoulder full of about 12 expensive batteries, just to annoy the neighbors.

Would have been cheaper just to throw bricks at their windows).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Just so you get the gist, 120 paces to the minute (Light Infantry double time) plus the lads are kitted up with rifle & bayonet, 6 mags of 30 rounds each, bandolier of 150 rounds, couple of grenades, rations for 24 hours & probably some kit for section support weapons. (weighing in between 10.5 -15 kg).

Combats, helmet, body armour, boots.
You would have been real fun when it came to Brucie and his conveyor belt wouldn't you, most folk were happy with the cuddly toy!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote