View Single Post
Old 30-04-2013, 22:44   #95
DAV007
Senior Member+

Re: Leam gong ?????...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Cashy, I think that the Chesterfield board will be looking at a playoff spot at the very least next season and that the team will have to be there or thereabouts in the league or else the fans will become very restless - they can't afford a poor start. Am just pointing out the alternative view, that they may have got themselves a great duo, as opposed to folk pointing out the risks
Jeg Red is correct.

With some justification they will be expecting the play offs at LEAST next season, if not automatic promotion.

The only clubs I expect to be challenging for the title are Portsmouth and Southend.

Bradford, Cheltenham, Mansfield and Oxford should be thereabouts in the play off spots.
One or two others may emerge, but I expect the league to be open again as I doubt Bury, Hartlepool, Scunny and wrexham/newport will be investing heavily.

Southend have invested (wrongly IMO) in Phil Brown and he has been promised money to get them up.
Pompey are starting afresh and already their new chairman is talking about providing funds to make them competitive.

No excuses next season if Cook and Leam dont get them in the top 7.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote