Thread: New Manager
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 18:21   #127
Alvin the chipmunk

Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Now come on,whats success to us stanley fans, aint success to any league managements imho, the play=offs were our only real success in the league n that was when they left?
Getting a club to punch above its weight in a league 2 divisions above where it should be deserves to get noticed.

When Bradford were sniffing Coley was asked what the biggest club who ever came in for him was . He said nobody would believe him. It was Leek Town. People assumed he was like Gradi at Crewe and would never leave...thus never bothered to make approaches.

I believe Coleys quote "I didn't want to be the Ken Barlow of the football league" reiterates this. (I know the meaning of this has changed somewhat now with Mr Roache's recent developments").

Look at Nigel Clough at Burton. 1 promotion to Coley's 3 with twice the budget. Then get's the Derby job because of his dad's name. Football is funny sometimes.

Lets face it. After seeing the most successful side in post '68 history ripped to pieces because we couldn't guarantee to pay wages post "8 weeks of lies" period is enough to make anybody demoralised.