View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:40   #3919
mobertol
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Those architectural features would keep me busy for months, I would be walking around with a ladder permanently
You mean you don't really have hover boots Dave?
It certainly does look greener over there -some lovely sprng flowers around -I love bluebells especially.

As to adders being in the vicinity I had no idea, good post Jen - I think the lady in question was really unlucky to be bitten but better to know they are around. Normally they disappear if you make some noise. I have encountered one once when out walking in the a valley in the Alps with my boys who were little at the time. Eldest son was running ahead and nearly trod on it in the middle of the path sunning itself. He called out to me and we watched it disappear and then turned back off that path as we were scared! Here they advise you walk in the mountains with boots and use a stick -if you tread on one by accident they tend to hit out low down and boots are a line of protection.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote