View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:07   #21
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Wigan FA Cup Winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
I probably am J Say! But when you say PLAYING AGAINST United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea i think it'd be more like GETTING BEAT BY United, Liverpool,Arsenal or Chelsea! I guess i'm just not a fan of Premiership football, if i were i'd have watched Blackburn for all those years they spent in the top flight.
Ya but the thing is winstanley I've watched the Rovers from the early 50s, so I've had the full gamut of emotions, from promotion to the 1st division in 58 to relegation in 67, then the ups and downs until Jack Walker came in and changed everything in the early 90s, I can remember the Spurs chairman threatening to report Rovers to the FA because they made a million pound bid to buy Gary Lineker, saying its was frivolous bid, he was just a little red faced when 4 years later Rovers were top of the pile, and far from watch watching the team get beaten by the top teams, they all suffered a bloody nose at the hands of Rovers, I may not have been a fan of the prem if my team hadn't played in it, but if Stanley were to make it, and it ain't imposible, you would be there with bells on
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote