View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:32   #22
winstanley asfc
Full Member+

Re: Wigan FA Cup Winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya but the thing is winstanley I've watched the Rovers from the early 50s, so I've had the full gamut of emotions, from promotion to the 1st division in 58 to relegation in 67, then the ups and downs until Jack Walker came in and changed everything in the early 90s, I can remember the Spurs chairman threatening to report Rovers to the FA because they made a million pound bid to buy Gary Lineker, saying its was frivolous bid, he was just a little red faced when 4 years later Rovers were top of the pile, and far from watch watching the team get beaten by the top teams, they all suffered a bloody nose at the hands of Rovers, I may not have been a fan of the prem if my team hadn't played in it, but if Stanley were to make it, and it ain't imposible, you would be there with bells on
Yes it's true that BRFC enjoyed great days under the ownership of Mr Walker Jaysay, but those days soon vanished when he died in August 2000. His family had no affiliation or connection with Blackburn Rovers, they couldn't wait to offload the club and business that Jack had built up! Which goes to show that if your sugar daddy dies then so does your income to fund "The happy days"!
Would i be there to watch Stanley in the Premiership? Probably yes, but i'd leave the bells at home!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote