View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 17:32   #23
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Wigan FA Cup Winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Yes it's true that BRFC enjoyed great days under the ownership of Mr Walker J Say, but those days soon vanished when he died in August 2000. His family had no affiliation or connection with Blackburn Rovers, they couldn't wait to offload the club and business that Jack had built up! Which goes to show that if your sugar daddy dies then so does your income to fund "The happy days"!
Would i be there to watch Stanley in the Premiership? Probably yes, but i'd leave the bells at home!
The days ended before 2000 winstanley, Walker hadn't the overall finances to keep it going, but he did leave a huge legacy, he rebuilt the stadium and the training facilities are probably some of the best in the country, and the club was stable under steward ship of John Williams, until the dreaded V word came on the scene, who quite frankly hadn't a clue about how to run a football club and were hood winked into doing things just for a third persons personal gain. The day John Williams left was one of the darkest days in Rovers history, now we're left with a circus and the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, If they appoint Gary Bowyer as full time manager it will be the most sensible thing they've done, but I'm not holding my breath
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote