View Single Post
Old 14-05-2013, 08:47   #30
smobile

Re: James Beattie is name as new Stanley boss!!

I must admit, that I did want John & Jimmy back, not for nostalgic reasons, but for stability. I had long since accepted the fact, that as far as players were concerned, the club was just a spring board for aspiring talent until a better offer came along. But throughout all this time, the management team remained a constant.

With the recent short tenures of Richardson and Cook, the last thing I felt the club needed was another young buck, thinking he’d proved himself after half a season, then sodding off as soon as a better offer came along. I hope I am not going to have to eat my words, but I have a feeling that Beattie will be different and will be a successful appointment for our club.

Now that the appointment has been made, I can see the other side of the argument and accept that this is a step in the right direction (forwards) and that safe is not always the best or most exciting option.

Congratulation to James Beattie on getting THE best job in football – As manager of our club, you will always have my 100% support.

Well done also to the club for making an early decision and giving James the best chance to hopefully keep most of the current squad together and plenty of time to recruit some quality players in. As others have also said, pleased we have not gone for a journeyman “big name” looking for one final payday.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote