Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: police speed checks m65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There is always the exception to the rule, When I worked for Shopfitters I stayed at my mates home in Chorley so we could have an early start for a lunchtime booking down south, this was the early 70s, we joined the motorway and it was pretty much empty except for a few cars, then we came across the SUNDAY DRIVER sat in the middle lane doing 30mph, now being in a Ford 2 ton Lorry we weren't allowed into the overtaking lane, but of course our SD must not be aware of it and no matter how many times my mate piped the horn or flashed the lights the guy was not for moving, his wife was looking round giving us black looks, until after about 10 miles he pulled over, as we drove by he look up and shouted there's another lane you know, I informed him with words of one syllable that the law prevented us from undertaking on the inside or use the overtaking lane, think he got the message

I don't hear many people using the term overtaking lane these days, I usually hear it referred to as the outside lane and people tend to number them 1 2 3 4 5 etc.

I know anything pulling a trailer can't go in the outside lane but I still often see cars with trailers in the outside lane. Is there a weight limit as well as no trailers allowed in the outside lane?