View Single Post
Old 27-05-2013, 20:09   #157
Eric
God Member

Re: Attack on soldier in woolwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Call me cynical, but those are my thoughts exactly.

If there was generalised abhorrence for this act in the muslim community, it didn't show.
I felt like those who were trotted out to give us soulful condemnation, were just paying lip service...like it was what was expected of them(or they were doing as they were told)...but really they had other thoughts in their head.
See...I said I was a cynical old bird.
Ok ... you are cynical

But I'm reading lots in the British press about integrating the muslim community into the wider British community, a kinda touchy feely reaching out to them ... particularly from those who are opposing your Home Secretary's plans to get tougher on muslims, esp. those who use the internet to peddle hate. I've heard lots of criticism of her; but I think this time that she is on the right track. I believe that C of E Brits are willing to compromise, as are the Baptists, Catholics, Weslyans, Methodists, the atheists, the agnostics, and, yes, probably even the Jews. The ones who ain't willing to budge an inch are .... let's have a drum roll ... the muslims. You know followers of that medieval belief system that hasn't changed with the times. If only they would make a little move, you know, something like recognizing that women are human ... but no, with muslims, anything to do with their religion is non-negotiable. Christians have given up a whole bunch of things: not too many crusades going on any more; the Inquisition isn't too busy these days; witches aren't being burned at the stake all that often; they are prepared to believe that Earth is an oblate spheroid ... all kinds of stuff.

By the way, reading this could get arrested in several muslim countries.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote