View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 08:53   #11
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: blackburn and darwen group on facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
I was caught out by this Facebook page at the weekend. I noticed in my Groups a heading "Blackburn and Darwen" so out of curiosity I clicked on. It immediately brought up all sorts of sick and vile images. Some people were saying how the site had been hacked and that they had reported it to OFCOM. I realised that by clicking onto the name of the Group I'd been made a member. I clicked onto the list of members and was horrified to see myself listed as "Judith Addison, Mayor of Hyndburn"!! Anyway, I googled "leave Facebook group" and found that I could leave it quite easily by clicking onto the "gear wheel" icon and choosing "leave group". I don't know why this site can't be closed down by moderators. Meanwhile, legitimate users of Facebook are being barred because they click on too many "likes" for one person (viewed as harrassment) or invite too many people to be Facebook friends (a well-known small business in Accrington has been banned several times for this). There doesn't seem to be any logic in all this!
Facebook is a law unto itself Judith, that's why I don't use it that much, I only comment post and never open any topic in my own name
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote