View Single Post
Old 21-06-2013, 15:30   #12
Dave Walsh

Re: Regular Churchgoer

Well it's a non issue really Bob as I was just punning on the fact that I "go" to Church District whenever I can-nothing to do with religious belief at all although it seems to have been an immediate attention grabber. I seem to have known a stream of eccentric vicars though, since I was a 6 year old in Cannon Street Bury. That particular chap eventually became a Bishop in the Church of Scotland. Twenty years later he used to shop just down the road from me in Stubbins but I didn't find out for another two decades. You can find oversensitivity anywhere in life! Two Rednecks confronted the comedian Bill Hicks in the deep south and told him they didn't like his jokes because they were Christians. He said "Your Christians?" Menacingly they said "Yeah". He said "Well Forgive Me" That's my sort of attitude. My brother and I found Church Kirk itself interesting and unusual right away as the earlist centre of things in Church, along with the Thorn of course! We thought Church would just be industrial wastage. The Priest was very helpfull. Two guy where doing some building work as I looked through the records with my friend. When I told them that I was trying to establish an Irish background one said, "I'm Irish-Oh you don't wan't to bother with us were all mad!"
I'm going to move to the Family Names sectiom now and see if my quest is of interest. If anyone thinks I'm going on too much please let me know publicly or privately-I won't be offended.
Dave Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote