View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:56   #121
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Roger that MrE
£65K to in most cases 2/3s of ones working life hundreds of miles from home. Weekends spent listening to constituents whose problems they expect you to solve. Dividing your time between electors, various local interests and last but no means least ones family. On top of which then pilloried for claiming expenses to which you are entitled to function properly. We get our MPs cheap.
I don't think they were forced to become MPs - that was their decision and they should have been aware of the salary, benefits and possibly the expense fiddles before they applied to the local party selection committee.

Hundreds of miles from home? What about thousands of miles from home, being shot at and trying to evade IEDs, with inadequate/unsuitable equipment - which has been decided upon by the people who have to brave working part-time in London - who decides their pay rises? Surprise, surprise, it is the MPs.

They do deserve a pay rise - when they become competent to govern this country of ours and take the action to bring back sovereignty from Brussels, control immigration, appoint regulators with the authority to control banks, utilities etc. and a judiciary that passes meaningful sentences and no more of the soft touch sentences that we see now.

I wonder if our MP - I cannot call him our "representative" due to his past record, will be in the House tomorrow and will he vote for the referendum?
Accrington Web