Thread: Heatwave
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2013, 06:35   #82
maxthecollie
Senior Member+

Re: Heatwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The extension lead that my aircon was plugged into has 'died' from overwork. The only other things that were plugged into it at the time were my BT hub and my lap top charger. I am presuming it is the lead but it maybe the wall socket which I cant reach because it is behind heavy furniture which I am not capable of moving.

For several awful moments I thought that I would be without aircon and internet until I move on Monday - the two things that are essential for my survival.

I have now rigged another extension lead across the room for the BT and plugged the aircon into a different lead which has only a 5amp LED salt lamp operating with it.

My lounge now looks like spaghetti junction. I am now waiting for the pipes in the loft to cool a little to allow water to operate my electric shower.

Fighting for survival just got a little harder today.
You may need a heavy duty extension lead for your aircon. What is the wattage of the unit. If you don't unwind an extension lead fully it can overheat and melt the insulation and potentially catch fire just be wary.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote