Thread: Oldham Thread.
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2013, 21:01   #9
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Re: Oldham Thread.

Gutted to hear that Naismith has gone, and will be even more gutted if we can't keep hold of Danny Webber. We should have stretched finances to the limit to make it happen. It pains me to say it but Marcus didn't pull up any trees tonight and seems to have put on weight, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but also seems to have lost a couple of yards of pace. It wasn't until Webber and Gray came on that we began to look dangerous up front, with Gray looking surprisingly sharp considering he has been sick coming into the game. He was only denied a goal by a fantastic point-blank reflex save by the goalie. Oldham looked a class above Tranmere to me and we did very well to hold them. With Liddle and Wilson attacking down the left late on we really gave them problems, but for me Nicky Hunt was a class act tonight. Don't know who the big black no.15 sub was but he looked pretty assured and did some good things. Another encouraging performance all round. Why does the poster outside the Crown still advertise a 7.45 K.O., which caused at least one angry fan I know to miss the start and goal!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote