Thread: Oldham Thread.
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2013, 18:01   #15
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Oldham Thread.

Just say it as I see it Exile !!.Hope the lads watch the match video as we will learn more than them.
I know a lot of posters won't like this,but there shape/structure and movement was akin to Coleys style a few years ago.
Centre backs splitting,Joycy getting ball of the keeper,passing thro Ryan,Proccy filling the spaces,symes and grants movement etc...
Deans marked and played against there front two on numerous occasions,but was still impressed.
Classic comment at half time ---- we could play with just a keeper and a back four and the game would still have been the same !!!
To be fair tho,they were a lot fitter and our midfield was a experimental one with lads also returning from injury.
High hopes for young Carver,so I hope he took note how Rooney played,ie arriving on the centre backs blind side etc..instead of back to goal all the time,(Beattie will be aware of that).
Finally I thought it would be a battle for the left back spot,but now believe lids and Laurence could make a great combination
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote