Thread: Peel Court
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2013, 08:03   #67
Gayle
God Member

Re: Peel Court

I don't know much about the consultation other than I was contacted by the architects who wanted to hire a room.

As far as I know the architects are based in Birmingham and are called M.E. Architects. The company that bought the land has three other care homes - in Rochdale, Bolton and Colne (from memory so not 100% sure I've got the locations right).

The consultation is 1st August, 6pm to 8pm.

On the one hand I think it will be a massive improvement on a blot on the landscape and will give a little boost to some shops around it as presumably there will be visitors coming and going. My only concern I guess, is where the car park entrance will be as it can't come out onto Union Rd because of the bus stop and traffic, if it was on Lord St it would seriously reduce the Civic's limited parking, Sun Street residents would probably complain if it was there and Haworth St already has congestion because of the school and health clinic.

I can't see it being refused permission though as it was a care home ten years ago.

PS - it's at the Civic Arts Centre - I hate to keep pointing this out but the Town Hall doesn't exist anymore.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote