View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 16:48   #76
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Oswaldtwistle Wind Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Another apology from me for using the wrong words - unfortunately I don't have technical vocabulary....
I was told by the chap who originally fitted the Manhatten gadgetry that I could not use my recording machine with it. The chap who visited recently said that if I wanted to use my recorder then the dish needed extra gadgetry .... he demonstrated what I needed by pointing to a 'thing' in the middle of the black dish affixed to an external wall - (the 'thing' is shaped like a little fat sausage lol ) my understanding is I either needed another sausage or needed a new dish which had the required elements as integral fittings.

Currently my recorder is tuned into my original TV programmes which use the original aerial. If there is uninterrupted reception via the aerial I can view my old recordings.

Due to my age, I catnap and through the night when most people are asleep the aerial TV actually has programmes such as films/dramas which i like to watch. There are no similar programmes available on the channels via my dish.

MONEY: The rigger who the wind farm recently sent said the cost was F.O.C.
A recorder for attachment to a satelite dish must have two input lead connections at the rear, if it was manufactured for terrestrial recordings via a roof top arial pointing at Winter Hill or Haslingden, then it won't work. I have a recorder upstairs that wil not record via satelite no matter which way I try to connect the set to box & recorder. I only keep it and use it now for copying tapes to DVD's
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web