Thread: Rob heys
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2013, 14:00   #146
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Rob heys

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
His statement says that he hasn't bet on the club for over three years so his position as MD has not been compromised in my eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Please explain How? The betting scandal at Stanley was 4/5 yrs ago, Yet he continued in a senior position to place bets. How is that fact not compromised?
as MD of the club he didn't bet on us according to the statement, he was MD for approximately 12 months - what the hell has that got to do with the betting scandal.

the job that he did as MD (in my eyes) has not been compromised because as MD he didn't do it (bet on us for or against).

He broke the rules that he was aware were in place = deserved to be punished, I haven't disputed that. But I do think the punishment is way too harsh when you consider the precedents set by the FA for other crimes.

Betting against Stanley (as an official of the club) is a crime against the fans
Betting on cup competitions that Stanley have long since left is a ridiculous thing to be charged for.

£1000? now that they have taken away his right to work in pretty much the only thing he's done in years how do they expect to get that money. Offer them a £1 a week Rob
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote