View Single Post
Old 19-08-2013, 17:55   #8
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Cheltenham Town Match Thread......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Unfortunate to lose Hunt & Webber (even thouh I think Webber has struggled so far - sure will come good). I think Hatfield has struggled all season (I'm incl pre-season) so would give him a rest also. Think both Aldred and Atkinson have looked better when thet've played alongside Winnard.

My team would be:

Bav

Aldred Winnard Atkinson Wilson

Joyce Murphy

McCarten Gray Mingoia

Naismith
Fair call that Frank,Accis up-turn in form last season coincided with Aldred and Dean being paired at centre half. Bit disappointed he lost his place,as he's slowly regaining some kind of fitness after two years of injuries !!
He played 25 mins against Everton(with Tom) and never conceded,then played 60 mins with Rob against Tranmere and didn't conceed !.
Indeed they moved him to centre half against Stalybridge and they didn't score !!.
Both Tom and Rob are great players,who love attacking and heading the ball,but to be successful as a partnership,I think one needs to alter his game slightly.
At the moment it seems Rob is the sweeper,but IMHO I would have Tom sweeping as he has that extra yard of pace---- or play Dean
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote