View Single Post
Old 25-08-2013, 14:46   #42
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Cheltenham Town Match Thread......

My first game on after returning from hols.
After the game settled down at about 10 minutes into the first half I thought we went on and played some reasonable attacking football down the left via Wilson for most of the next 30 minutes or so up to half time. Cheltenham seemed to be there for the taking.
After half time Cheltenham straight away set about our midfield where we were found to be severely lacking. Aldred was playing well at the back under this pressure but our midfield was very poor in general. It was only a matter of time before the pressure told, and a highly debatable free kick award against Murphy for what looked to me like the best tackle of the match led to their goal, which was also down to poor defending by one of our midfield players. Bavs didn't really have a chance as I think the shot took a slight deflection too.
The bulk of our squad to me look like they have the potential to develop into a good unit with the exception of the midfield selected yesterday. We need to sign a couple of strong, combative midfield guys who can dictate play and who can also chip in with some goals. Sounds easy eh! I am sure that James Beattie will be on the look out for players who can improve the team.
It is early days yet. Keep the faith. We just like to make life difficult for ourselves!
Be just like us to beat Cardiff on wednesday!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote