View Single Post
Old 29-08-2013, 15:45   #5
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Wanted Old Photographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Same here Atarah,
I've been waiting for some one to respond, I've 100's of pictures, mostly military, which has taken me years to collect, then along comes a clever burgger who thinks he should be handed every thing on a plate without any explanation.
Well he can do like we had to do, its called research.
It takes a bit longer than a quick cheeky post, but more satisfying in the end, especially when its been elluding you for ages.

I, like everyone else coming accross this riposte could not fail to be impressed and extremely pleased to hear that by diligent application over the years you have managed to amass a collection of hundreds of pictures.
However, this admiration for your perspicacious garnering of militaria has been dented somewhat by allowing yourself to inject an element of smug patronization into your reply to the initial query.
If you, as any intelligent and reasonable person might have felt, that you were unable to make any acceptable contribution to the request, then a mere shrug of the shoulders as you turned back to your much- treasured collection might have sufficed, rather than your jumble of ill-chosen and misspelt words.
Or much better still you might have used the e-mail address supplied to receive the explanation which you so obviously need.
A failed attempt to achieve self-glorification by self-aggrandizement is always extremely sad to observe .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote