View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 13:11   #40
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: 2013/14 season 5 Games gone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
Don't some people who come on here make themselfs look TOTAL PILOCKS using words like PENURY and PERSPICACITY unless of course they use these type of words to thier friends in everyday language.
Oh dear Ian !!.... Firstly, as I structured my tongue-in cheek response to Cashman's post I had no intention of letting my usual hubris reveal itself so patently !!... and I certainly didn't expect any riposte to be forthcoming from your good self or anyone really , but it did, and wherever did you delve that overwhelming measure of vituperative accusation from ??.
And it hurt !...Oh how it hurt !!...so much that I have had to
open a new bottle of Absolut (85%) and drown my sorrows with a snifter or two of the Milk of Amnesia ( Not my usual Lunchtime libation I must add !).
But to have the term Pilock added to one's list of qualities on a Friday was totally unexpected ! (Just a moment Ian ! ...Alfred.E, unable to take anymore of this has mysteriously vanished again !... as he does frequently ! )
But to continue...and referring to your last sentence. Yes I do have an unfortunate tendency to inject seldom-used words into my writings and even worse in conversation with my friends. the number of which diminishes daily ! ( No wonder I hear you say ! ). But, and perhaps sadly, that is
my way and try as I may it is, as you might have heard ?, not easy for an old dog , let alone one in his dotage, to learn new tricks !.
However, you have my solemn word that this aged Pilock will attempt to shun the verbosity for a more succinct style of approach !.. ( Alfred.E.'s back must fly !!) !