Thread: Fleas on dogs
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2013, 09:22   #6
Aussie Irene

Re: Fleas on dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
My Nothern Inuit has acquired some visitors from somewhere. First noticed about a month ago and we treated her with Front Line as we know this has worked before on animals we've both had.

Also we treated the house with household flea spray. I've bathed her and we've set up flea traps around the house.

This seemed to work, after about a week I couldn't see any fleas when I was combing her and neither of us had seen any in the house.

And then, they came back. And nothing seems to be working

I wondered it this was the same 'batch'of fleas or not.

I telephoned the vet who said Front Line can sometimes take a while to work so not to worry, just check that all fleas on her are small and none appear to be pregnant (queue rubbish joke about getting fleas to wee on a stick)!

I hate seeing her scratching it must be so irritating for her-she's never had fleas before. They don't seem to be bothering her that much in comparison to other pets I have had but I feel so sorry for her.

Has anybody had experience with this?Anything you know worked on your pets?
The only thing I have been advised by friends is to get a Seresto collar, but they're unavailable without prescription now. I am going to try to get her to the vets tomorrow but wondered if anybody has any pearls of wisdom to share in the meantime?

Thank you
Go on line for COMFORTIS a American chewable tablet given once a month We can buy it without script in oz. Better than all the other treatments we have used including Frontline and Advantage.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote