View Single Post
Old 21-09-2013, 20:36   #100
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I remember your predecessor Ken Hargreaves, Ken didn't drive so he had people on call if he needed to go anywhere, say the airport or train station or around the constituency at weekends and recess, there was one instance where one of these people changed their car, getting a car with a smaller engine size (in those days PM exes were paid on engine size) this had gone on for a month when he found out he'd been claiming to much, but he insisted that he paid the claims office back the amount he over claimed, which was out of his pocket not the drivers, no wonder he was well respected thought the constituency and Westminster, honest holy joe
Ken gave me lots of good advice and I respect him greatly. His compassion for his constituents is something I look up to. We shared a joke or two in his last days. Sadly missed by me for his guiding hand.

One issue we discussed was the differences today. Ken didn't envy today's electronic world. I receive between 100-150 emails a day which Ken just looked upwards when I told him. I recall he had one member staff which was sufficient back then. Miss him. Great conversations.

Last edited by g jones; 21-09-2013 at 20:38.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote