Thread: Rochdale Game
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2013, 10:32   #36
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Rochdale Game

Just read all the replies and agree with many comments. Give credit to Rochdale though for their second half performance as they clearly had a plan to allow us lots of possession but only in our own half. They played with a solid back four and a bank of five sitting just inside their own half. Coupled with the lack of creativity and lack of penetration from our midfield this made for a second half stalemate. Also their players had really good ball skills when in possession and stopped us from getting the ball and they also looked dangerous waltzing through our midfield on the break.
I have said before on previous posts and others are saying it here...We need a couple of midfield players with some creativity and physicality.
For me Aldred should be captain as he is so courageous and sets a superb example. I thought that the new signings made a big difference especially the left back Naylor who will be even better when he gets fully match fit.
Kayode will score goals for us but we need the other forwards to get closer to him in order to feed off the ball that he wins frequently.
Yes it is backs to the wall stuff now, and just to remind some folks, that JB just has no money or other stuff to tempt significantly better players to the club. He has to manage by trying those younger guys in the squad now and by getting some experienced guys to extend their playing careers a bit longer.
We must KEEP THE FAITH and continue to support JB and whatever players he is able to pick for the team.
The referee was a numpty, and he has been so bad before at Stanley, but he wasn't the reason we lost, he seemed to be there just to mystify us!!!
Finally, when will the luck run for us? They say a team makes their own luck and that luck evens itself out over a season....Well we must be overdue and our storage bubble of luck must be bursting at the seams.
I thought the fans in the Clayton end were great once again and both my daughter and I went home absolutely hoarse from our efforts!
Come on......KEEP THE FAITH, THE TIDE WILL TURN AND STANLEY WILL MAKE HISTORY ONCE AGAIN WITH A MAGNIFICENT "GREAT ESCAPE"
BELIEVE
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote