View Single Post
Old 26-09-2013, 01:06   #6
DtheP47
I am Banned

Re: iphone, ipad or ipod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I know a lot of people who were moaning their's were failing - what did they expect when they try and update on the day it's released and everyone else is trying. It's always safer to let the geeks try it first and do yours when you know if there are any problems with the new version.
Our corporate techie guys just issued this:
Last Wednesday Apple released a major iOS update for the iPhone, iPad and iPod family of devices. At that time InfoSystems advised all employeesto refrain from updating until InfoSystems tests for compatibility with Systems such as Microsoft Office specifically, email and calendar functions. We are pleased to announce that we have found no incompatibilities and consider it safe to perform the update.

We highly recommend that you perform a complete system backup of your device before you begin the iOS update process. We have attached a document to this notification with instructions on how to perform a complete device backup using the iTunes application.

The watchword is I guess backup Interestingly after years of trying to foist "crackberries" on us there has been a slow drift away from em' This side of the Atlantic preferring the Nokia Lumia range and the Home of the Brave going for Mr Job's small shiny objects of desire.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote