View Single Post
Old 30-09-2013, 18:19   #1
Gordon Booth
Senior Member+

Why does it always happen to me?

Once parked our caravan in the middle of a farmers empty field in the middle of winter. Woke up early the next morning to Radio 1 on loud. Looked out- 10 foot from us was another caravan, must have arrived while we were asleep. The rest of the field was still empty.
I'll park at the far end of the supermarket car park where there are no cars and walk all the way across. I'll guarantee there'll be at least 1 car parked next to me, usually on my side of the white line. Once had £1500 of dents in a new Jag within 8 months, all on supermarket car parks. I've given up now, I just ignore the dents.
Went to Morrisons today, did a reasonable bit of shopping, walked down all the checkouts to find one with no queue, found one with an old couple(yes even older than me) just finishing loading their trolley. Unloaded mine onto the belt and waited. And waited. She had two of the biggest handbags I've ever seen, each covered in zips, flaps and openings. I'm not kidding, she went through both bags twice, then started on her pockets, gave up and started on the bags again. Her husband just stood there looking useless.
After a while I lent on the till, then eventually closed my eyes. When I opened them she was pulling a purse from her coat and giving me a dirty look! Can't think why.
They were still stood rooting about when I left.
Doesn't matter which queue I pick, it always happens.
Anyone else lucky that way?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web