View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 21:41   #2
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Tragic Human Failure

Back in the mists of time, most of these countries were governed & ruled by a European Country be it as a protectorate or a part of an empire. It wasn't ideal or the first choice of the "Subjects" but things functioned & to a degree there was a working balance,

As attitudes changed & the "Subjects" got restless, they wanted self governance & control of their destinies, this they got & along with it the rule of their "own kind". This wasn't the liberation they'd envisaged & tribalism, clanishness has decided their futures since their independence. The bulk of their problems are being brought about now not by the wicked Colonialists, but their own ruling powers.

It may seem harsh, but we in the west are no longer responsible for these peoples, billions have been given over in aid, donations & charity but it's not filtering down to the ordinary people due to the rife corruption & criminality of their leading elite. To sort the problem the upper echelons need culling & if necessary, a return to a more benevolent style of "the bad old days" to square these lands away.

Stil, it ain't going to happen any time soon, so the people & their Countries will continue to degenerate & suffer.