View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 00:46   #11
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Speculation is inevitable after such a lifeless performance in such important circumstances - and I am unsure whether JB has the ability to get us out of this - but I'm not comfortable with how disrespectful the message in this thread is. That's just me.
i'm usually loathe to criticise individuals, be they players or managers, but BT just doesn't seem to have the x factor or whatever it is that turns players into teams.

One can't doubt that he is a gentleman, eloquently spoken and seems to care about the club evident in his general demeanour. Neither could one doubt that he has been able to pull in favours to get us a decent player or two - but they haven't been able to win games despite playing some half decent football at times. I'm not sure what the Carling Opta stats are for our shots on target ratio but from what I've seen, heard or read that is our main problem, we don't get any shots on goal. For a striker of some repute in his day this is a worrying statistic.

We have a talented squad he keeps telling us, so why aren't they winning?
  • Luck and injuries aren't helping matters but every team has that problem.
  • We are told that professionalism and preparation is correct so that isn't the problem.
  • We know that it isn't a lack of character from the players because he does his background checks before he signs them
That leaves tactics or motivation ...