View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013, 02:09   #10
DtheP47
I am Banned

Re: Way to go girls ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
There's an ongoing debate over here about fighting in hockey ... conclusions seem to be favoring fighting as part of hockey. Canadian kids are cool enough about the sport to realize that hockey is not about fighting, but that fights will occasionally break out in certain circumstances. Hockey is just like football in that the point of the game is to put an object into the opponent's net. But there is a lot more physical contact. The players move faster on a smaller playing surface. Contact is constant. But all of us who love the game realize that there are occasions when that contact goes beyond what is acceptable. And that's when the gloves go down and the fists start flying. Like football over there, hockey here is more than a sport ... it's almost a way of life. It's a big part of who we are. And, pardon me for being smug, we still dominate our sport.
I shared your vid with a colleague in Laval, Quebec and this was his reply Eric.

"
That's normal in every match in ice hockey Dave. The crowd would want their money back if there wasn't a fight! North Americans like to see blood on the ice. Although the school leagues and amateur game is a now lot stricter in penalising fighting.
Pete"
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote