View Single Post
Old 17-10-2013, 21:13   #9
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: British Gas price rise

Any chance one of those bright sparks from the post office sell off thread would still care to justify privatisation causing healthy competition, lower prices and not costing the taxpayers a fortune?

I see no honest competition, only higher prices, and costing me a damn fortune to heat my cave.

And still the threat of power cuts in winter looms. Not from striking miners but by the EU closing power stations and bosses who won't invest in new ones because of this governments policies. The bosses don't really care mind you, because they can still hike the prices and pocket the difference. And the government is 'disappointed'.

Disappointed? Dis-a-ppointed?? Thats the most descriptive word they can bleedin' well find???

Switch suppliers they say....to whom?...they'll all put them up anyway.

We can't control prices they say...well you damn well could before you privatised it you bunch of cretins!

But hey, here comes the cavalry to fund nuclear power stations...oh wait..communists???? running businesses and investing??? right wing conservatives fawning over them like Uriah Heep clones???

A government in disarray, grabbing help from their antithesis. You couldn't make it up.