Thread: Susie123.
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2013, 14:53   #71
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Susie123.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I used to be in regular contact with Sue, both emails and PM's but her replies suddenly stopped.
I tried to find her phone number but she must be ex directory.

I hope she returns to our screens before too long.
She was a great comfort to me after I lost my wife,as were a few other forum members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

Guess the Ex-Directory thing wasn't setup for her correctly then.
Thanks for those kind words Russell. I'm not actually ex-d but the phone line is in Richard's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
My contacts with her through the PM system were open and honest about her condition, I would have thought, if she was able, she would have let us know if she was going to be absent for a long period.
She certainly would have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I PM'd her last week- no response. If she is switched on but not accessing Accyweb she'd still see the PMs on her emails, wouldn't she?
Very worrying.
No Gordon, I switched off the function where I get an email with each pm - I'm on Accyweb often enough to know when a pm comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I was wondering if any accywebbers get over Morecambe way, or knows someone who lives there ... maybe someone could check up on her ... I browsed thru the local rags, "The Lancaster and Morecambe Citizen" and the "Westmorland Gazette" and found nothing. Maybe she still has fairly close relatives in Accy area.
Yes, my brother John Creasey lives at Belthorn near Blackburn, top of the hill opposite the Dog Inn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Yeah ... I checked the obits too ... keeping my fingers crossed ... found nothing. There are those of us who live in the far flung reaches of the Empah who don't have personal contact with anyone over there. I'm going to make sure that my obit in the "Kingston Whig-Standard" includes a fond goodbye to AccyWeb. I'm not leaping to any worse-case-scenario conclusions here; just thinking that there are ways to avoid worrying speculations.
What a good idea Eric, must remember that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Not everyone has their obit put into the local paper...I know my Ma has specifically forbidden such a thing when she shufles off this mortal coil.
Sounds just like your Ma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
If I knew her address Eric I would ask friend who lives in Morecambe to visit her, I may even have a drive over there as I have lots of time to spare nowadays. I have tried unsuccessfully to find a phone number for her.
I'd love to see you here Russell, anytime you fancy dropping by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Does any one who know her full name, then a call to Blackpool or Preston Hospital, might throw some light on the problem, her full name should also find her address in the electoral rolls.
Wouldn't have worked, Retlaw, as I was in RLI Lancaster, but thanks for the thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
From the photos she posted of views from her home, I concluded that she lives on this terrace
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mor...12,159.47,,0,0
Quote:
Thank you Margaret.
Do you think it is wise to phone? Would it be seen as an invasion of their privacy.
You obviously think I have the skills needed to do this....I will have to think carefully how to approach this.
Quote:
If their number is in the phonebook then in a sense it isn't an invasion of privacy. But I agree its touchy to ring... But we all care and hope she is well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Wouldn't it be a lack of sensitivity if we didn't bother to find out?
We all know she wasn't well, we all wish her the best, however, far better to enquire so that if it is the worse news relatives know we cared?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If no-one else will, send me the number and I'll ask.
Shucks - I've missed out on an opportunity to speak to the Grand Wizard! But Margaret's phone call was really welcome - and spookily came as I was just about to go back on Accyweb!

Quote:
I have just spent about half an hour on the phone to Sue......she is very touched that we have been thinking(and worrying about her)and took the trouble to find out how to contact her......she is hoping to be back on line very soon and will be catching up with what has gone on while she has been away.
She won't go into the details of her absence, other than to say that she has been laid up in hospital. Thanks must also go to the sleuth that is MargaretR...after all, it was she who found the number(I failed, miserably)...and it was she who nominated me to contact Sue.
MargaretR...thanks for your confidence in me
Hear hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Reading through it's been a proper (cyber) community effort turned real, well done all involved.
Hear hear again.

Quote:
Most certainly. We don't always agree on everything and this forum is a good platform for debate... Things can get heated but what good debate never did. Some members of my extended family I might say I care less for than I do for some members of the online world and yes that might even extend to Less too
That sums it up nicely Rob.