View Single Post
Old 19-10-2013, 02:52   #62
accyman
God Member

Re: Pals Medical Centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You don't need the tin hat...and I know that what you say is true(and I have said the very same thing to my patients when they told me that the generic wasn't as effective)...but it is just that from my own personal experience...and with not just diclofenac either. If you had given me a voltarol it worked for longer than a diclofenac...the full 8 hours...and this is important when you have cracked ribs and want to sleep through the night...sometimes the diclofenac didn't even last 6 hours.
I do not know the reason for it, but I promise you, had you blindfolded me and given me a voltarol....I would most definitely have known the difference.....I would have got at least two more hours sleep.
Diclofenac had to be boosted by paracetamol.
dunno if your aware but people on diclofenac long term are suppossed to be been or already by now taken off diclofenac because was found that it greatly increases the risk of having a stroke. I was taken off it 2 years ago as i had been on it for over 5 years daily..

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote