View Single Post
Old 28-10-2013, 17:37   #123
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: El Classico !!....Morecambe match thread .

Lost my internet access since saturday so been frustrated to be unable to comment on the match......
Interesting reading lots of others comments before offering my own thoughts.
I thought that Morecambe were a poor side generally. Roche made some good saves but even from "t'other end" it was clearly a rash attempt to beat Gray to the ball. From where I was at "t'other end" and absolutely "square on" to Roches dash towards Gray he clearly went in feet first with studs showing and wether he got the ball first or second or not at all, or got Gray or not, it clearly was considered as dangerous play by the ref and I applaud his decision to award the penalty. Webber as as cool as the "Iceman" in the way he calmly sent it down the centre of the goal to put us one up. We dominated the whole of the first half, and again two up at half time would have been fair as it would last tuesday night. Morecambe came out for the second half having had a roasting and we let the lead slip too easily and too early. Morecambe then had their 25% of the match on top and Betinelli did his stuff again, but half way through the second half we came back into it and took charge again. Yes, it was looking like a draw until our late winner by Murphy. The lad does have the knack of scoring important goals. However, I do not condone his leap over the fence onto the terraces.
Neither do I condone the throwing of the flare onto the pitch. Both actions were simply stupid. Throwing flares is idiotic; a real danger to players, supporters and stewards and could cost us in a fine!!!! Getting booked for a stupid action like jumping over the wall is daft as Murphy is likely to "accumulate" more points during the season and he will probably get a suspension at some stage, thus letting team mates, manager and supporters down!!!
JB is clearly getting his ideas through to the players now and also to the fans and we are beginning to look much more cohesive and confident and we are playing like we are expecting to score goals and get a result!
Long may it continue.
ON STANLEY ON!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote